Tuesday, November 20, 2007

“L’Etat, c’est moi!” ( I am the state!)

My name is King Louis XIV. I am the King of France and am an absolute ruler of divine right. All of France revolves around me as if I am the sun. I am living in the Palace of Versailles which is gigantic and elegant and represents me and my ruling well. It suits my elegance and swagger. I keep hearing complaints of me revoking the Edict of Nantes. Most of the Huguenots have converted to Catholicism but some are turning against me. I want this country to live and believe in the same things I do even if that means changing their religions. I am protecting this country as I have built the army up to 250,000 people. I appointed Francois le Tellier as the secretary of state for war. He will protect our country well by employing soldiers. These soldiers will enforce all of my beliefs and will be ready to fight in any war I may start.

No comments: